Providing Debt Relief Solutions for South Florida Area Clients since 1991
Are you overwhelmed by debt?
Are you being harassed by creditors?
Have you gotten a lawsuit summons from a collection agency or attorney?
Have you exhausted your options and are looking for honest legal advice?
At the Law Offices of Alberto H. Hernandez, I can provide you with practical legal help to get you back on track financially and ease your stress. I file bankruptcy petitions in Miami-Dade County, Broward County and Palm Beach County. I also represent homeowners in foreclosure matters in the tri-county area. Contact me today for a free consultation.
Too many banks and other organizations promising to help people get out of debt treat their clients as numbers. Their main concern is preventing you from defaulting on your debts so they can protect their income stream. Credit card companies do not want to allow you to repay with reasonable payment plans although they hike up their interest rates without warning.
Filing for bankruptcy is a choice to take seriously. There are other options, and I can help you determine which is the best choice for you.
As a bankruptcy lawyer , I help people get the debt relief they need with personalized, practical services. The process doesn't have to be complicated — I will work with you and make sure you understand all of your options. I'll also respond to your situation in a timely manner while minimizing any paperwork for you.
I offer legal services focused on helping individuals and small businesses manage or discharge their debts:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy : Chapter 7 is a consumer and business bankruptcy option that wipes out many types of debt completely. Credit card debt, medical bills and vehicle repossession deficiencies are amongst the most common debts wiped out in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy : This type of consumer bankruptcy involves having a bankruptcy trustee setting up a 3 to 5 year interest-free repayment plan through which you consolidate your debt. The repayment amount is based on what you can afford to pay only and not the total amounts due creditors. Even if you can't afford to pay off all of your debts, if you make all of your Chapter 13 plan payments through the bankruptcy court, your debts will be legally considered paid.
- Home foreclosure defense : I help people find long-term solutions to prevent foreclosure and keep their homes. However, if you have been served with foreclosure I can help you defend the lawsuit by seeking to restructure the loan, especially if it was based on a fraudulent sub-prime mortgage or on predatory lending practices. Moreover, I can also answer the lawsuit and provide you with a vigorous defense. In any case, if you are having trouble making the mortgage payment I can help you get relief by filing a chapter 13 to save your home. In certain circumstances I can use the bankruptcy law to either reduce or eliminate a mortgage.
- Debt collection defense : If you have a credit card company, a collection agency, bank or lawyer coming after you, I can review your legal documents and negotiate your payments. If your debt or delinquency was based on a mistake by the creditor or was based on a fraudulent sub-prime mortgage, consumer fraud, or violations of federal laws, I may be able to help you resolve the matter to your benefit.
- Servicios en español : El abogado y sus asistentes hablan, leen y escriben su idioma.
Know Your Rights
I offer services to individuals and small businesses throughout the greater Miami and South Florida area. Contact me by e-mail or call me at (305) 820-0334 for a free consultation.
My law office is conveniently located close to I-75 and the Palmetto Expressway 826. My office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and I offer evening and Saturday appointments by special arrangement.
WE ARE A DEBT RELIEF AGENCY. WE HELP PEOPLE FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY RELIEF UNDER THE BANKRUPTCY CODE.